Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Step Ten and Elven

Dear Readers,

Since I haven't posted in a while this one might be longer but I will definitely try to keep things on the shorter and simpler side. = ) 

Step Ten: Dance in the Wind

The other day as I was walking home in some pretty impressive wind. On my ipod was playing some David Crowder and as I lifted my arms the wind caught hold of my backpack and spun me around in a giant circle. As I giggled with delight, I smiled feeling like a young woman who was just caught up in the arms of her lover, dancing together oblivious to anyone or anything else. Perhaps it is a bit more romantic than my norm but how it elated my heart to think of God twirling in his arms, tenderly and lovingly! 

So the challenge – dance in the wind. Or go with the flow. Sometimes God touches our heart and reminds us of our preciousness. 

Step Elven: Speak Life

Our words have power, whether written or spoken, in fact they have the power to give life or to give death. When we say "I love you, you are so precious to my heart, you are valued, important, worthwhile" we offer life and love and freedom. We offer encouragement and hope. When we say "I detest you, you are not worth my time, energy, or thoughts. I want nothing to do with you. You are not valuable or worthwhile to me" we offer death, pain, and hatred. When we speak with anyone we are faced with a choice – we can offer life, love, hope, encouragement or freedom or we can offer death, pain, hatred, and discouragement. 

So my challenge to you, my lovely friends: let us all speak openly and honestly with words that offer life. When your friend is looking beautiful, tell her that. It will tickle her heart and make her smile. It is simple and easy and so very important!

Well, homework time!

No comments:

Post a Comment