Saturday, April 24, 2010

Step Sixteen: Get Excited

Dear Readers, 

So I have always been the mature and responsible girl, the one who is always serious and level headed and somehow because of this label I have created this list of unspoken rules – they are typically frivolous rules that mostly inconvenience me for fear that someone might just think that because I am not exactly 5 minutes early (no more or less) that I am irresponsible or don't care. Among that list of silly rules is this – maturity and emotion do not mix... the bigger the display the less mature I become. 

This rule governs much of how I act in public. It turns me into some kind of stone in which just laughing aloud is a carefully considered and some what risky thing to do. However, once more the Lord is showing me that this rule is so silly and cumbersome and that it really and truly is doing absolutely nothing to make my life better. And just how exactly did the Lord show me this?!?!  Well I received my offer letter from Jessup and it is amazing how God answered my prayer! I won't share exact numbers but He provided SO abundantly and I am SO blessed by Him! But the point is that when I received the letter and saw His greatness I could not possibly contain myself! I screamed and started jumping up and down and then started balling! My God is so good and I could not keep myself from shouting for joy and dancing to music that wasn't playing and laughing at who knows what! And let me tell you, it felt good. It was so good to let myself go and rejoice with my entire heart, body and soul! 

I cannot give any kind of philosophical reason for why it felt so good... I don't know why worshipping with my body felt so much better than just singing – it just did! Somehow breaking this one simple rule and just letting myself be entirely free to worship and be a total nut! To just let go of all social stigma and be free and to be EXCITED! It made me smile from ear to ear and was so good to be excited and to share that excitement with my friends! Excitement made my day worthwhile, it made me go to bed with the biggest smile on my face! And if smiling doesn't make life bold than absolutely nothing will!

No comments:

Post a Comment