Thursday, December 16, 2010

Step Sixty: Be Like Timothy

Dear Readers,

Recently, God brought onto the table an opportunity for me to serve Him through a business. At first I was crazy excited. The opportunity is unique and is a ministry that I can stand behind. Then I let my thoughts get the better of me. I'm a college kid. I couldn't possibly serve Him in an effective way, could I? Then God reminded me, rather forcibly, that He uses youth to His advantage. As it says in 1 Timothy 4:12 "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, and in purity."

Throughout most of the bible God repeatedly uses those of youth to serve Him. King David is a Shepard BOY and he becomes the man after God's own heart. King Josiah comes to thrown at 8, and begins his religious reforms in his twenties and completely reforms the entire nation. Mary was probably my age when she was pregnant with Jesus. Heck. Even Jesus himself wasn't all that old when he died. Reality is, young or old God can use us. He will use us. It isn't a question of our usefulness, it is a question of our willingness.

I am saying yes. I have absolutely NO idea where He is going to take me or how it is going to change my life, but I am ready to watch Him change the world. Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment