Monday, September 27, 2010

Step Fifty-One: Be Loved

Dear Readers,

I think to this point, the best part about college has been being completely engulfed in the love of my Father and the love of the women all around me.

To be surrounded by these girls has been one of the most uplifting and encouraging experiences I have ever had the pleasure of partaking in. They are full of words of encouragement and praise. They want nothing more than to speak words of adoration.

I have had so much fun with them. They challenge me to be a kid in ways I never thought possible. For example, today we had a power outage. I am terrified of the dark. A power outage is the worst imaginable scenario for me. But what do my lovely wing mates decide to do?! They take a flashlight into the pitch dark bathroom and start telling "ghost stories" (which, of course, really means we were all just cracking up in the bathroom). They brought me out of my initial fear and invited me to do something very childlike. It was awesome.

But all of their efforts would be worthless if I could not accept them. I had to learn how to open my heart to the girls in my wing, I had to choose to trust them. I had to choose to let them love me. I had to chose to be loved.

I'd be willing to bet that someone somewhere is trying to love on you. I challenge you to accept their love. To marvel and delight in it. To simply enjoy it. Because you are worthwhile. You are loveable. And people want to love you, so let them.

No comments:

Post a Comment