Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Step Forty-Seven: Falling For Him

Dear Readers,

I want you to pause for a moment. To really sit still for a moment. I urge you to let your worries fade away and that growing list of to-dos to disappear for just a little bit. I want you to focus on something that made you happy today. Something that brought you joy. Keep this in the front of your mind as you read and consider what I have to say. Let that joy be the lens through which you are looking.

I was doing some reading for one of our bible classes and the book that I was reading was talking about what it means to know God. I thought it made an interesting point – it argued that anyone who was getting to know God's true spirit could not help but to fall in love with Him. I have really tried to let this thought govern my quiet times with God, tried to reflect on what that looks like for me.

God has done a lot of really cool things at Jessup on my behalf. It goes far beyond getting me here. God crafted this place and these classes perfectly for me! He shaped them that they might be the most ideal of plans! But what I love most is that He hasn't just worked out the major details, He has worked even the tiniest of details to His plans. Yes, God gave me the tuition money and the money for books and I praise and adore Him for that. But the thing that gives me butterflies and warms the deepest cockles of my heart is that He would place my room beside a streetlamp so that I might have a nightlight! He loves me so dearly and so deeply that He would go out of His way to give me something so trivial. That thought puts this ridiculous little smile on my face!

Now let's think back to that thing that made you happy? What does that tell you about God's tremendous love for you?! The truth is, I agree with my textbook's point. The more I get to know God, the more I search for His presence in my life, for those little moments when He has blessed my forehead with a soft kiss, the harder I fall for Him! He is so amazing!

So here is my challenge to you: get to know God. I urge you to deliberately look for His hand in your life. To seek out those quiet moments when God has placed a gentle kiss upon your hand. And when you have found them, I dare you to fall head over heels for Him. I dare you to let Him fill you with joy, making a silly smile come to your lips. I dare you to let Him make you fall for you every day over again (think Henry and Lucy in 50 First Dates).

1 comment: