Thursday, August 19, 2010

Step Forty-Six: His Provision

Dear Readers,

I have a question for you. At first, it may come off as rhetorical or even sarcastic but I mean it genuinely. It is a question that only you can answer and your response to this question will dictate the path your life is to take.

Do you trust in His provision?

God provides. He does. Nothing in the universe, goes without His provision. Even the tiniest, most insignificant of the wild flowers is clothed in robes of glory. This is what the bible tells us. This is truth. But do you trust it? Do you trust that even in those moments when you can see nothing more and no possible options God will provide? When you begin to feel swallowed by the tremendous need in your life and your stomach churns at the thought of all that has to happen, do you believe that He will take care of you?

Lately, as I have watched God's plans for my coming year unfold, I have been able to see something truly amazing. There is no element, no single insignificant detail, no minuet thing that He has not taken care of. His hand is touching and guiding and smoothing the path that I am to walk, so that nothing remains uncertain. Just as clearly as He parted the Red Sea, so is He now parting the ocean of difficulties before me. By my ability, by my power, I have done nothing. God has taken care of everything, from books to room-mates, to another mama bear. He is my almighty provider but even more so, He is my Daddy. He isn't just providing for me, He is wrapping His provision in the most elegant of bows and handing me each one as my own special surprise. His eyes twinkle filled with mirth and mischief as I tear off the wrapping and giggle in delight. He loves me. And He loves providing for me.

So back to the original question: do you trust in His provision?

1 comment: