Thursday, May 6, 2010

Step Twenty: Invite Your Friends

Dear Readers,

My life has been crazy busy this week, primarily because I had a physics project due. The objective was to launch an egg carrying object, through the uprights of a field goal and as far down the field as you could. Simple, but insanely difficult. So we built a trebuchet (for those of you who don't know, this is essentially a catapult). It was hard work, especially since I have never really done much carpentry before. Anyways, we had it all built and it was time to decorate. Now, when it comes to creativity... well I can write a blog or a poem, but hand me some paint and I'm a goner. Thankfully, though, my lab partner is an art whiz, and it was so much fun painting with her... even if we did inhale more spray paint than could possibly be healthy. = )

So here it is simple and sweet: we don't have to do everything on our own. Some things we are meant to do alone, some things we are meant to do with others, and still others we have our own choice to make. It's not that it was so unpleasant painting the trebuchet, or even that it was such hard work. I could have easily done it alone, but I'm glad that my partner and I did it together. I am glad I invited her to help me out, and I am especially glad that it gave me a chance to get to know her better!

No comments:

Post a Comment