Friday, October 21, 2011

Step Eighty-Two: Heavenly Love

Dear Readers,

I hate flying. Not just like a oh-its-uncomfortable-and-super-awkward-because-your-neighbor-is-drooling-on-your-mutual-armrest-so-now-what-do-you-do hate it but like I-am-going-to-keep-my-eyes-squeezed-close-tight-and-hold-onto-my-stuffed-bear-for-the-next-two-hours hate it. Worse yet I have to fly in and out of DENVER. If you haven't flown in out of Denver before you should know that DENVER in airplane lingo is TURBULENCE. This makes flying almost unbearable. Today as I was flying out to Colorado for a sister/friend's wedding wasn't that much different EXCEPT we hit Denver (thus the turbulent moments) as the sun was setting.

After several "oooh" and "ahhhhh"'s from the three year old in front of me, I decided I really did have the courage to peek. I'm pretty glad I did for when I did I received a serenade. A symphony pouring out in heavenly pink and purple hues, surrounded me, blanketing me in a gentle kind of love. As our plane dipped towards the earth and we parted serene clouds, peeking out over navy blue mountain tips. The vibrant colors played out over a perfectly still lake. It was breath-taking, awe-inducing, incredible.

It is impossible, in moments like that, to be afraid. It's impossible to forget the Lord's declaration of love as it decorates the skies! What a beautiful, and needed, reminder of His unconditional affection!

No comments:

Post a Comment