Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Step Seventy-Seven: The Beauty of Darkness

Dear Readers,

I decided to get creative on you and write a blog inside a song. The song is entitled "Everything is Beautiful" by Anne Marie Boskovich.

"I would not be here tonight, if I had to choose."
How often I have thought these words,
how often I would have passed my cup,
exchanged it for something sweeter.
How often I would have exchanged darkness for light.
"It's always the bigger things in life, that seem to choose you."

"I'm buried in the questions, I can't find the answers."
Lost in the depths of my past,
searching for reasons that can't be found.
Sifting through the pain of my yesterdays,
"I close my eyes and listen, 'till I remember."

"Everything is beautiful, beautiful."
Beauty pours from my lovers mouth,
with the grace of shifting flames,
His glory dances in this darkness.
"If somewhere love exists, you can wrap your arms around it."

"Can you hear me now?"
I've felt so alone for so long
but I'm finally learning how to celebrate.
how to rejoice in His beautiful darkness.
"Close your eyes and listen until you remember."

"You don't need the answers."
Some answers can't be found,
some reasons don't exist,
but beauty dwells even in this darkness,
"Just close your eyes and remember."

"Everything is beautiful."
From bended knees, praises rise
illuminating darkness so that you may see
"Everything is beautiful here."

There is such beauty in darkness when what you see is open to interpretation.

No comments:

Post a Comment