Friday, November 26, 2010

Step Fifty-Seven: Soaking in the Ocean

Dear Readers,

Last weekend I visited the beach for the first time since I moved out here. We were celebrating one of my beautiful friend's birthday. After arriving at the beach, we only took the time to roll up our pant legs before sprinting for the shoreline. As my feet kicked up sand and the ocean lapped at my feet I was struck by the enormity of it all. I stood at the edge of the pacific ocean, rolling cumulus clouds filling the bright blue sky, the brilliant yellow sun reflecting off the water and sand making the beach an array of vibrant colors. As I took in the blending of water and sky, I realized my insignificance in the world. I realized that the waves that crashed in upon my toes would be the same today, tomorrow, and for the generations to come after me. They would continue to roll in to the eruption of joyful giggling long after my footprints had been washed away. Long after the days of my life have passed. It was wonderful! I am nothing more than a set of fading footprints awaiting the next crashing wave, yet those footprints mean something! They matter to the creator of the universe! I am utterly insignificant and yet His love for me is as constant and unending as the crashing waves! It is a beautiful thing! He is a beautiful King!

So here is my challenge, find yourself on the shore of the ocean or at the tip of a mountain or in the midst of the desert and praise Him! Through all things, through all trials, in the moment you are weakest... praise Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment