Friday, November 18, 2011

Step Eighty-Seven: A Poem For You

Dear Readers,

A poem for you...

If there were word I could say
to somehow unfold your pain,
whispered lyrics, whose purest notes
piece nights darkest tremors.
Words of beauty, vibrancy, and grace,
words infused with life.
I’d plant them in your heart,
let wild orchids grow,
blooming through your worst memories.
I’d let silken petals
enfold and embrace you.
I’d let their softened hue
ease the sharp blade of sorrow
let their touch comfort and warm you.
If such words existed, if any balm to aching hearts I had
I’d give them all to you,
my sweet friend.
Yet, no such balm I’ve found
and no such words I know.
I can offer only this –
I love you.

I love you
when your fears are many
when you heart despairs.
I love you
when you see but anguish and disgust
when you don’t feel worthy of being touched.
I love you
when you smile and
when you cry
I love you.

I love you
when you’re sure you cannot go on
I will be your courage, strength, and heart.
I love you
for who you are
not for what you’ve done nor what you’ve seen.
And my love is with you,
in the quiet of your heart.
I never leave you.
My love for you is patient,
my love for you is kind,
my love does not boast
nor is it proud.
My love for you is not rude
nor self-seeking.
My love for you cannot be angered,
it knows no wrongs.
My love for you is truth,
I never give up and I never lose faith,
I am always hopeful.
My love for you endures.
My love for you was spoken from that cross.

So in case you haven’t heard me lately,
I love you, dearly,
My beautiful daughter


No comments:

Post a Comment